The trade war in essence is a invitation for mutual beneficial transformation, a request for Chinese government to establish business friendly social political environment which current condition does not warrant.
Currently, there is an overlapping in Chinese government organizational structure (government hierarchy vs. communist party hierarchy ) that causing confusing and blurring the line of accountability because the Community Party overrules the government. With more than fifty provinces, leaders at the central government/Party top officers at Beijing, are not able to keep track of thousands of officers at the level of province, counties, municipal cities. And as there are no public elections, so those officer do not need to answer for the people, their major concern is to keep loyalty to the Communist Party at the top.
Human Right Movement Leader Mr. Wei (魏京生先生）pointed out in his talk, 当今中国官僚資產階級們的底牌, such bureaucratic settings not only cause redundancies and red tapes in operation, it rendering chaos in rule and regulations. This is the very reason that even when President XiJinPing and Premier Minister LiKeQiang sincerely want to allow for zero tariff and clearance of trade blockages at the central government, foreign businesses still have to face all loopholes at the local levels. So to truly remove unnecessarily barricades for the businesses, a clear chain of order/line of command is a must, which would require mandatory reform of Chinese government organization structure.
Longing for changes, many famous intellects and university professors had openly spoken out against a backdrop of “no discussion about government, no talk of politics, no speech on public opinions” suppressive atmosphere. An assembly of over a hundred most social responsible representatives (中国百余公知冒险发声), held a meeting at end of November 2018. They called for political reform as imperative for the further the decades-old progressive reform for the country. Beijing University Professor, ZhengYeFu (郑也夫), urged Chinese Communist Party to recede decently from political stage. But he also stressed the intellectuals to speak out the truth, to take the lead for conscience thinking against the liar and distortion of facts. He said our striking out is more urgently needed at this time in history because the nation is at crossroad. ( “我以为,我们今天还没走到将一切责任都推给政治家的时候。因为今天的书生还没有尽责。如果他们都忠实于自己的良知,都勇于讲出自己的看法,中国不会是今天的样子”。 )
In the same line of thought, we believe that once the chain of command is clear, there will be much transparency of accountability, a lot of accumulated issues over the last few decades can find right place for resolutions. For example, the Case of ShanXi Province Billion Dollar Mining Right (崔永元爆料“陕西千亿矿权案”), in which even the Supreme Court Judge had to risk personal safety. To confront the corruption of those who hold the power, to uphold justice of the law, to maintain proper procedure and routine, we need Constitution to protect innocent people, we need the separation of power to maintain law and order. The new organizational structure will provide much welcomed efficiency for business development and relax the tension of trade war, heralding a new era of evolution social political and economic business transform. Following many governmental functions in the developed countries, we bring out the following suggestions for consideration.
- The National People’s Congress (全国人民代表大会）can remain to be legislative body for writing constitution and making law. In addition to its current normal functions, eventually should oversee The State Military Commission (中央军委), and make decisions for issues like declare wars etc. This body should gradually be reformed to make up of members of elected officers from different political parties from each province.
- A new judiciary body be created to combine Commission for Discipline Inspection （中央纪律检查委员会），The Supreme Court( 最高人民法院) and The Supreme Prosecutorate (最高人民检查院) to be independent law enforcement organization, completely separate from the executive branch the State Council（国务院)。 It can hold regional centers throughout the country to work with lower court.（ 初级， 中级 法院)
- President (国家主席)，State Counsel (国务院) will be the executive fuction in charge of central governments’ function。
- Central Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party (中央政治局常务委员会) will be dispersed into the above mentioned three government bodies. The Communist Party Commission(共产党全国代表大会) will still exist, but itself and its subsidiaries at all levels will be removed from government structure/chain of command. The Central Politburo Standing Committee members will take the controlling position in government instead of the communist party.
- The Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference （中国人民政治协商会议）will disband since it will have been mingled into all other governmental bodies. Other political parties should be allowed in the Constitution to form their own organization charter and central regulative committees. These other parties can then organize their election campaign at each province for provincial government positions as well as that of central government.
- In the future, the local government should be elected by people of their own provinces instead of nominated by central government. Each province will need to set up its own legislative and judiciary bodies. This is equivalent to lower courts（ 初级， 中级 法院)。
We call for Chinese government to update its Constitution to respect of human right and allow freedom of speech and religions. We plead the Chinese community party to release political dissidents (people like 王炳章) and other human right lawyers (王权章, a case in point）as well as student supporters. We call for China to grant Tibet(西藏）request for self governance, and release concentration campers in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region (新疆维吾尔族自治区) according to United Nations’ request. And we wish for letting free without condition the recent arrested Canadian citizens Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor.
We also call for removal of death penalty as it is a backward code many advanced society has dropped the practice. Contemporarily notion regards individual as capable of making rational choices. When people commit a crime, they have choose to take penalty. In this way, law enforcement is not used to punish people, rather it is a way to enforce options and encourage good choices to treasure what life has to offer. To Err is human, to forgive divine. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.