Today Federal Reserve just announced a 3rd rate cut in a short three months period. After a short one year rate hike and currency tightening to roll back the money printing from 2008, Fed seems to be in a great haste getting back to another round of rate cut (We hear President Trump’s blast all the time). We had long discussion of negative impact of low interest rate on the economy and society as a whole. Is cutting Fed fund rate to zero the next thing in order? Who is going to purchase our government bonds if US Dollar is no longer attractive to investors? Will FED plan to print another bout of quantitative ease if no one come to purchase US bonds to keep our debt recycled? We are already at 103%(something like that) of debt to GDP ratio. This led me to think about the vision for our future economy.
We are going to have a Pluto and Saturn conjunction in the next three months – January 2020. The meeting of Pluto and Saturn usually signify a new start of evolutionary cycle of social system/structure/framework. Together with Pluto having a return in 2022 to the place where United States of America is created, and considering so much public division on many fronts, it seems not a bad idea, that we engage in some public discussions of our vision for the future – how as a society we collectively envision our future? What kind of social, economic and political order we want to shape into being for the next thirty plus years when Pluto and Saturn conjunct again in 2053, and for the next two hundred something years.
Venus is the chart ruler of U.S. astrology chart,(Remember our talks on values and principles in the blog What Make America Big or Small?) so value system is very fundamental in our making as a country. Two years ago, we had initiated some discussions on the topics of What We Value as a Society? Going over my old blogs, I feel those conversations are still very relevant today. They can serve as a refresher here for our further in-depth discussions. Let’s first refresh our memory of American Dreams:
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 1 3/20/2017 Dyfunction and waste in current medical system;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 2 3/29/2017 Comparison of energy medicine with Western allopath medicine;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 3 4/1/2017 Epic of America and American Dream;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 4 4/6/2017 Federal Reserve and the system of fractional banking with printing of money;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 5 4/11/2017 Great Depression and Capitalism;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 6 4/13/2017 Neoliberalism’s domination on social, political and economy issues ;
- What Do We Value as a Society ? – Part 7 4/16/2017 What is Government’s Proper Role